5 miles done and dusted!

Originally I said I would start the row on June Bank Holiday weekend however last Sunday May 29th saw perfect (and calm) rowing conditions so I decided to seize the day and I set off! Accompanied by my wife Dickie and family on the barge Alameda,  I left Carrick-on-Shannon and rowed upstream towards Lough Drumharlow. After a pit stop for lunch on an island in Lough Drumharlow I continued on to the Boyle river. All in all it took about 3 hours of rowing to complete the 5 miles. I retired home with aching muscles very glad I hadn't undertaken an 85 mile row! Thanks to everyone for their support and donations, if you haven't' already done so, please use the Donate button on the right hand side to give what you can.

Ready to set-off with Dickie, Conor and Barry.


5 mile row in action

No comments:

Post a Comment